Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dunn Wrap-Up

First, I want to let you know you can now subscribe to my blog. Just type your email address in the window to the right, and verify it through an email sent. Then you will get an email every time I update my blog. It will save the you time of looking when I don't update that frequently. :)

Anyway, I have gotten so behind. With everything going on it's hard to keep up here. I figured I better give a whirl though, or I would regret it after all the activities this week end. So here's a wrap up of what we've been doing lately...

Avaree and Grissom wrapped up their regular seasons in softball and baseball. Avaree's team was the regular season league champions! They only lost one game.

Avaree stealing home.

Grissom on 2nd base.
Grissom played 1st base a few games because the regular 1st baseman was on vacation.

Well, I discovered photoshop and I'm trying to get the hang of it. Below is a collage of Ava from the Strawberry Festival.



Here is another one I did. We went to the Strawberry Festival in Lyons. It was a nice day, and the kids had a good time playing, eating strawberries, and listening to Holly sing!



Grissom has a new found obsession for super heroes. Right now he is really into Batman and Spiderman.

We bought a dilapidated house right by ours. Ryan and Avaree did a little spray painting on it.




Then we had someone knock it down.


Grissom loved getting to help!
And now we have an empty lot of dirt.... Actually the fence is down now and we have a lot of work to do re-fencing it and growing grass.


My mom, Jim and I took Anika and Avaree to the Elnora Fair. It was so muddy, flooded, and hot! I don't know what we were thinking, but I was wishing I had rubber boots on. All in all though Ava and Ani had a good time so that is what matters. I mean really, what if I did get ridiculously sick after riding "the rocket" with Avaree? :) I am officially getting old. That stuff has never bothered me before.
So this is Ani checking out the rat at that quarter game. Kinda gross, I thought...

And Avaree with the batman we "won" for Grissom.

Anika on the race car ride.



Let's see if that wasn't enough stuff, Avaree also attended basketball camp at IU. You can click on the picture to see the bigger version.


Ryan and Grissom's baseball team were the runners-up at their tournament.

We had a pool party for Grissom's baseball team and Avaree's travel volleyball team. Sorry about the quality of these pictures. I forgot my camera and had to use my phone.
Ava going off the high dive.

Some of the volleyball girls.

The baseball team's cake.


I also took the volleyball girls camping at Boggs on Sunday.



They had a good time swimming and riding the golf cart.



And playing volleyball....


I took a few pictures of Anika in one of her new dresses. I still have a long way to go with my photography skills, but I'm getting there.



And for those of you wondering Tysen is still alive.... He has been spending his summer swimming, mowing, playing video games and doing a little golfing -- all out of range of the camera.

I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend and a trip to Holiday Work Sunday. Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Thanks for the wrap up...goodness, you guys have been busy!! I keep thinking I am going to buy PSE and then I change my mind...knowing I would spend entirely too much time messing with the pictures. BUT, seeing all of the cute stuff you've done is really making me want to buy it!

Penny said...

Well, there is no doubt about it, you would spent too much time messing with pictures. I have been staying up too late every night working with them! It is neat, but I have so much to learn. I want to figure out how to do the headers like your friend does for you. ps. I think you are the only person that reads my blog. haha.