Monday, April 7, 2008

Ryan's Back Surgery

Ryan had back surgery on Monday April 7. He had a bulging disk that had pierced through two ligaments. He was nervous about the surgery but sick of the pain and pain medication so it had to be done. It was a long a day. We left for Bloomington at 5:30am.

We pretty much sat around for 3 hours other than when the nurse 'tried' to get his IV started. I guessed she jinxed him when she said he had good veins. She tried twice but couldn't get it going. By that time, Ryan was losing his patience. The anesthesiologist didn't have any problems. He gave Ryan some sedation medicine and he cracking up laughing on his way to surgery. I doubt he'll be cracking up when he finds out I posted these pictures on the blog!
So far it seems the surgery has been successful. He is in way less pain now!



No comments: